Tuesday, July 15, 2008

and the excitment continues

So now that we are moved out of the new place we now are getting the new house together, and I am finding out the joys of owning your own home.
Our dishwasher sprung a leak last night and spilt water all over our kitchen but luckily it will be covered by the home warranty, the previous owners had not done any yard work in about 5 years so I hired a guy and his brother to rake, mow, and trim trees in our yard (a 1/2 acre w/ about 15 150ft pine trees) this took them a couple of days but we got a good deal, and we also had a barn built it is a 10X10 with a loft and a 10ft ceiling, this will give us our much needed storage considering we don't have a garage, and of course Wendy got it 70% off!
Needless to say things are plugging along and we can't wait to come in town for the baptism

On another note if you could keep Mimi Porter in your prayers, her brother, Uncle Bob (86), passed away last weekend when his car overturned in the lake. This has been a hard year for the family so please keep them in your prayers.

I hope everyone is doing well, until next time

3 comments:

  1. How was the trip to Dallas?
    Any pictures?

    Brian, My Maureen is thinking of a profession in health care, I told her to talk to you.

    Granmda, Kathy, and Gina were down for a visit. Kathy, G and I went to D.c. for a day. Grammy stayed home and baked cinnamon rolls. (jealous?)
    We also went to Dewey Beach for a night. We dragged poor Grandma with us. I think she had a good time even though it was fairly hot.

    Hope you are both well
    Love Diane

    ReplyDelete


About Me

My photo
I thought because Wendy and I are sort of disconnected from all of our loved ones, I would set up this blog to help keep everyone informed about what is happening in our lives, as if you are interested but I am going to tell you anyway.